- Integrating diverse network clients
- Designing an internetwork using TCP/IP protocol
- Changing a LAN to an intranet
- Centrally distributing software upgrades to servers and clients
- Using a protocol analyzer to troubleshoot network problems
- Configuring and troubleshooting printing in a complex multi-platform printing environment
- Designing, analyzing, and integrating a Novell Directory Services implementation
Following are the Novell certifications, which used to be known as NetWare Certifications.
- CNA (Certified Novell Administrator): CNA Certification indicates that an individual has the skills and knowledge needed to handle the day-to-day administration of an installed Novell networking product such as NetWare 5.X or GroupWise. CNAs are certified by Novell to provide on-site administrative support for software users in a variety of work environments, including professional offices and small business workgroups, departments, and corporate information services (IS). There are two learning paths for the CNA certification i.e. 1) Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare and 2) NetWare 6
- CNE (Certified Novell Engineer): CNE Certification, which is more advanced than CNA Certification, qualifies an individual to manage network environments and solve company-wide support problems. There are two learning paths for CNE certification i.e. 1)Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare 2) NetWare 6
- CDE (Certified Directory Engineer): CDE Certification provides a standard level of training in directory services technologies across all platforms.
- CNI (Certified Novell Instructor): CNI certification indicates that an individual is qualified to teach authorized Novell Certification courses. To ensure that Novell official curriculum is taught by the best technical trainers in the industry, Novell Training Services has set the following requirements for participating as a CNI: 1) Technical requirement (complete one of the following): NetWare CNE (OES for NetWare or NetWare 6 or Novell CLP (10 or 9). 2) Didactical requirement (complete one of the following): Novell Instructor Performance Evaluation (IPE), CTT+, RHCX or MCT. Please fax a copy of the non-Novell certificates listed previously to 801.861.3900, Attn: CNI requirements or send it as a scanned image to firstname.lastname@example.org 3) CNI Application: Found in the Certification Database. In order to sign the CNI agreement you must first complete one of the technical requirements listed above.
- CLE (Certified Linux Engineer): There are two learning paths for the Novell CLE certification i.e. 1) Novell Certified Linux Engineer 10 2) Novell Certified Linux Engineer 9
- CLP (Certified Linux Professional): There are two learning paths for the Novell CLP certification i.e. 1) Novell Certified Linux Professional 10, based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 2) Novell Certified Linux Professional, based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- NAI (Novell Academic Instructor): In order to become an NAI, please complete the following steps in order: 1) Course Authorization: Earn a minimum of one Course authorization before applying to be an NAI. Review the Course Authorization Chart to confirm course authorization requirements. 2) Academic Employment: Be employed by or contract with a Novell Academic Training Partner. Once you have verified your school's partner status, e-mail your Silver PartnerNet number to email@example.com 3) NAI Application: To access the NAI application, please login to the Certification Database via Novell Login. Then on left navigator select Tools; complete agreement/application; submit NAI application. 4) Novell Training Services Certification Agreement: If you missed signing the agreement when you took your certification exam, you may sign it online
Novell Exam Registration
Register for an exam at the http://www.pearsonvue.com/novell/ or call 1-800-755-EXAM.
Novell Exam Fees
Traditional exams for the CNA, and CNE certifications are $125. Practicum Exams for the Novell Certified Linux Professional and Novell Certified Linux Engineer are $195.